5 Things to Avoid When Ordering Portable Restrooms
Celebrations held in backyards or other outdoor venues require special planning on many levels, not the least of which is access to restrooms. As you choose among the variety of portable restrooms and luxury restroom trailers that are available from Honey Bucket, we would like to share with you several common mistakes in planning for portable restroom services that you will want to avoid. You can also consult our Event Planning Guide for more information.
- Inadequate Number of Restrooms – Hosting an event that doesn’t provide enough restrooms leads to long lines and unhappy guests. While we note that the typical ratio of guests to portable restrooms is one porta-potty per 100 guests, this number may need to be adjusted if your event is longer than four hours, if there are more women than men, if alcohol is being served or if those attending the event all need to be in a specific place at a specific time.
- Not Enough Handwashing Facilities – Based on the type of event, will your guests need to wash their hands more often than they might need to use the restroom? If so, you may want to add handwashing facilities so they can do this without having to access the portable restrooms for just handwashing purposes.
- Incorrect Type of Restroom – Are the restrooms you are ordering compliant with the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)? This federal law is very specific about requirements for portable restrooms and requires one ADA accessible portable restroom for every 10 standard portable restrooms per event. Even if you are only ordering a few portable restrooms for a personal event, it is important to consider the needs of guests who may need ADA-friendly facilities.
- Restrooms that are Not Family-Friendly – Are families likely to attend your event? If so, you may need to consider providing changing tables and larger portable restrooms that can accommodate a parent helping a child to use the facilities.
- Location of Restrooms – Make sure that you place portable restrooms on flat ground and that they are easily accessible to all guests. You also want to make sure the portable restrooms are visible to your guests so they can find them easily.
Honey Bucket is Here for You
At Honey Bucket, our trained special event consultants can help you plan appropriately depending on the event so you avoid these common mistakes and your guests can be comfortable. Contact us for a quote or call us at 800-444-2371 for more information.